"Don't bother to pack your bags, or your map. We won't need them where we're goin'. We're goin' where the wind is blowin', not knowin' where we're gonna stay."

Monday, January 9, 2012

Epilogue

Seriously, what an experience. After coming back home, I was able to reflect and look at my trip as a whole. I'm definitely a blessed and lucky dude. Here is a fancy map and some random tidbits from my travels:









View Pert Backpacks through Asia & Europe in a larger map


  • Total miles traveled: 30,176
  • Total countries visited: 11
  • Total cities visited: 38
  • Total number of planes/trains/buses/boats taken: 49
  • Total number of hostels/hotels/houses stayed at: 32
  • Weeks without doing laundry at the end of my trip/pairs of underwear I brought: 3.5/6 (you do the math)
Oh yea, also here's how the "beard" finally turned out:

I look like I didn't sleep for a day and half because I didn't sleep for a day and a half.

Thanks for following me as I wandered around and sharing my experiences with me! I'll leave you with a quote that helped spark this whole adventure:
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. 
-Mark Twain  

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing your trip and experiences Pert! Your blogs were eengaging and funny! I thoroughly enjoyed following your journey - felt like I was there too :) Definitely a trip of a lifetime! We need to get together and catch up... i know im pretty much the worst person at keeping in touch... but i swear, we'll get together soon!

    ReplyDelete